dinsdag 28 oktober 2014

DIY: Halloween Headband

Heyhey lovelies!

Only three more nights until the most awesome night of Autumn arrives: It's almost Halloweeeeen! Me and my girlfriends have a special Halloween tradition: our very own pub crawl with a special dresscode for the night. This year we decided to just dress up fancy and all wear a Halloween accessory. Since I don't really have something like that in my closet and I didn't feel like buying some cheap looking skeleton earrings I decided to get creative and make something myself: a cute little pumpkin headband! It's super easy yet super cute so I decided to take pictures of the process and make a little tutorial on how to make it. Hope you enjoy!

What you will need:
*Black ribbon (not too thin, you want to make sure your headband stays on your head for the whole night!)
*Orange fabric
*Some paper
*A pair of scissors
*A pencil
*A black marker
*A utility knife


Step 1: Draw a pumpkin shape on a piece of paper (if you're not much of a drawer - like me - you can always try and google 'pumkin shape' and just use that as your pattern)


Step 2: Use this shape to draw a pumpkin on your fabric



Step 3: After you have cut it out, make two little 'incisions' in your fabric with the utility knife. We're gonna put our ribbon through this later, so make sure the incisions are not too big but big enough to fit your ribbon through.

(I made mine a little bit too much in the middle of the fabric, but ofcourse it's up to you how you want your headband to look like)

Step 4: Put the ribbon through your fabric


Step 5: On the side where both ends of the ribbon come out, you can draw a face on your pumpkin or completely customize it to your own taste


Et voila, you're done! Now all you have to do is put it in your hair (making a knot in the headband was actually harder than I thought) and you're ready to go on your Halloween adventure! 


Ofcourse you can completely go loose with the pattern and make it whatever you like. I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and let me know when you're gonna make it yourself! I'd love to see pictures of your creations.

Enjoy your evening, and mostly, enjoy Halloween!

Lots of love,
LFR








1 opmerking: