dinsdag 12 augustus 2014

My Youtuber Obsession

Hello lovelies!
What better way to start my new blogadventure than writing on my newest addiction: YOUTUBERS. I have been obsessed with every vlogging, gaming, randomly shouting guy and gal on that lovely video platform these last few months.

I very much remember the first ‘youtuber video’ I ever saw. It was one by the lovely British Jim Chapman and he completely stole my heart. With that more British youtubers such as Zoella, Tanya Burr, Pointlessblog, Thatcherjoe, Sprinkle of Glitter and Danisnotonfire  followed. Although the British youtubers are still my favorites, there are also some American folks that caught my attention such as Tyler Oakley and Connor Franta. And ofcourse there are the lovely South-African chumps Caspar Lee and Troye Sivan (who is also an AWESOME singer!).

The lovely, clumsy, socially awkward but oh so adorable Jim Chapman

His fiancé; beautyblogger, youtuber, make up artist and owner of her own make up line Tanya Burr

The too-gay-to-function, sassy Tyler Oakley that has a new haircolor every week and every girl wants to be best friends with

The gorgeous, cute, talented and very honest (go watch her videos and you'll know what I mean) Zoe Sugg
Pictures: Tumblr & Youtube


Now, what I like about the whole ‘youtuber’ concept is that each one of them talks about different topics. Most of the guys put challenges or Q-and-A’s (or as Tyler calls them; Q-and-slays) on their channel but the girls often talk about fashion and beauty and give you awesome tutorials.

Honestly, I don’t know when this obsession happened, all I know is that it is an obsession allright. Most youtubers also have a second ‘vlogging’ channel where they basically just film their days and let you get a look into their lives. The SacconeJoly’s channel even is one with only vlogs of their days, every single day of the year. And it’s just awesome to watch. Some youtubers (naming Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter) also write blogs or others have gaming channels where they play games and you get to watch.

Over the months it’s come to my attention that not everyone appreciates the youtuber ‘lifestyle’ (including my boyfriend, ahem). Some people don’t get how someone can put his or her whole life on the internet and even get money from it. I can understand that that sounds unfair with people working their asses of each day just to make a living, but these youtubers did not always do this as a fulltime job. If you go back to watch their old videos, you can see that a lot of them have very few views and are not that well made. But the internet and social media are part of our culture nowadays and are only expanding so with that, those people grew, bought professional cameras and other filming equipment, made deals with companies and whatsoever. They became fulltime youtubers, and I don’t see any problem with that.

What do you guys think? Got any youtube obsessions yourself or do you think it’s just a ridiculous concept? Let me know!

Lots of love,

LFR

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik volg die ook allemaal! Zalig :D xoxo Eve

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Team crafted, team sideman, enzoknol, the finebros, romanatwood, romanatwoodvlogs, gilroy vlogs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen