zondag 24 augustus 2014

Fashion Friday: My Autumn Wants

Heyhey lovelies!

First of all, I am so so sorry for the delay of this post but with my laptop broken I just didn’t have the chance to upload this on Friday. But it’s fixed now (thanks to my lovely boyfriend!) so from now on all posts will be on time again! Now on to the topic of the day!

Yup, August is almost over, and that means AUTUMN is on its way! Autumn is without any doubt my favourite season of the year. I can’t wait to just sit inside, watch a movie and cuddle with my Loved One while outside there’s a thunderstorm going on. There’s just something about that time of year that… intrigues me. I don’t really know why, but I feel at my best in autumn.

And that has probably something to do with the fact that autumn is the time of year when I can fully express my fashion ideas. I always have outfits in my head but in summer it’s mostly too hot to wear them, and in winter you just want to go outside in clothes of the thickest fabric you can find. So in this respect, autumn is perfect (yay for rhymes)! Not too cold, but cold enough to put on some layers. I get excited even thinking of it, so for this Fashion Friday I thought I’d share with you my personal Fashion Wants for autumn!

1) A good pair of sneakers
I’ve never really been a big fan of sneakers (mostly because I always thought I looked like a fool wearing them, no idea why) but the last months I have been craving a good pair. I bought some cheap sneakers last year to go to a festival and I was going to throw them away afterwards, but they actually still looked pretty good so I decided to keep them. And oh my god, have I discovered the beauty of sneakers then! So comfy, so versatile and so good looking! You can wear them on basically anything and you don’t have to worry about the rain ruining them or breaking a heel.
I went on a small trip to Mechelen on Friday and I just had to go inside Fast Forward Sneakershop. A modern shop with a young staff and unique in its kind: they only sell sneakers! I bought a pair of grey Keds’ sneakers that weren’t too expensive (but not cheap either) and I already know that I am going to be wearing them until they fall off my feet.

2) Flat booties
Another pair of shoes I definitely must. have. this autumn is a pair of black, flat booties. They look cool, they are comfy and you can (again) wear them on anything you like. I’d personally pair them with some leggings and an oversized sweater to create almost a lazy but really fashionable and autumn proof outfit. These black ones from shopLily (also in Mechelen) are so gorgeous, but really expensive as well so I keep looking for a cheaper but equally good looking pair.


3) Straight cut coat
This is probably going to be the hardest thing to find. I have the perfect straight cut coat in my head, but as is always the case with clothing you ‘invent’ in your head: you never really find the one you want. Anyway, a good quality straight cut coat is something I am going to invest some more money in. I’ve always thought that if you buy a cheap autumn/winter coat that you have to throw away when the winter is over because it’s ‘out of style’ or just worn too much, you are really wasting a lot of money. So therefor I am on the lookout for the perfect, timeless straight cut coat to spend lots and lots of autumns and winters in.

 Mango
 Zara
Zara
4) Biker jacket
A must have in my closet every day of the year. I always have and always will be a sucker for the rockchick style, so I can almost live in biker jackets. I’ve had one from Zara for about 3 years now but the pockets decided to break so I’ll have to be looking for a replacement. A task not as hard as finding the perfect straight cut coat, but definitely a task worth putting some effort in. After all, a jacket is something you wear every day and has to match all of your outfits so looking a bit longer for a (maybe more expensive) good quality one is definitely worth it, don’t ya think?

 Reiss
Zara

5) Little golden necklaces
The perfect accessories for every outfit to add a bit more glam and sparkle to the grey autumn days. I used to buy really cheap jewelry all the time (mostly because I don’t have money to buy expensive jewelry) but I’ve decided to save up a bit to buy some good quality golden necklaces. After all, when jewelry is cheap, it also LOOKS cheap and honestly, I’m a bit bored with all of my necklaces and rings to lose their golden color and leave a green mark on my fingers. 

Diamanti Per Tutti

So, looks like I still have a lot of things to look for and a lot of money to spend. Poor wallet. Anyway, what are your autumn/winter Must Haves? Let me know!

Lots of love,

LFR

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten