vrijdag 29 augustus 2014

Fashion Friday: I was born too late

Heyhey lovelies!

When I checked my mailbox a few days ago I noticed that it was FILLED with fashion newsletters saying things like ‘70s glamour’ or ‘Made in the 60s’. So apparently, retro fashion is back again (has it really ever been out of style?) and I could not be happier about that! I’ve always been a retro kinda girl. Whether it’s about fashion, interior or music; I like all things ‘old’.

Two of my all time favourite movies are Grease and Hairspray. I just looove the atmosphere in those movies: people actually dancing with each other instead of girls grinding on boys. I always felt like I was born too late. Ever since I was little I wished to have lived in the 60s and 70s. When I was in Madrid with my boyfriend two months ago we saw a diner called 'Tommy Mel's Classic Diner', a chain of restaurants completely in 50s style and I convinced my boyfriend to go eat there for our last night in Madrid. And boy, not only was the food delicious but once you enter the diner you really get that 50s feel. Staff in traditional 50s uniform, Elvis Presley in the background and every detail in the interior was 50s style.





So ofcourse I am a big, big fan of all these retro inspired fashion campaigns. And the good news is that a lot of cheaper high street stores are happy to join in on this trend. Asos and Miss Selfridge have some beautiful, affordable retro inspired clothes that are definitely going to get in my closet in the next weeks!




Asos




Miss Selfridge


I want it ALL.

Lots of love,
LFR

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten