maandag 18 augustus 2014

Heyhey lovelies!

First of all, I am well aware that today is Monday and that the title of this post says 'Beautiful Sunday'. I'm having some troubles with my laptop (he just wont start up, hmmm) so I have to do everything on our family computer but since there's four of us for one laptop here I wasn't able to upload this post yesterday. I really hope I can get my laptop fixed today, pray for my baby!!

And now on to the topic of the day: skincare! Good skincare products is something that's been on my Autumn Wantlist for a while now with the weather getting colder. In every magazine and on every beauty blog you can read on the 'importance' of good skincare. And ofcourse I know how important it is to take your makeup off before you go to bed and I also like to apply some moisturizer to my face before I put my foundation on to hydrate my skin, but I've been seriously wondering if all of those products you 'must definitely use' are actually necessary.

Ofcourse I'm not (at all) a beauty or skincare expert so I did some research. On Paula's Choice I found that I need to use four products daily: A cleanser (to remove makeup, debris and oil), a toner (to remove the last traces of makeup as well as to smooth, soften and calm the skin), an exfoliant (to remove dead skin cells) and last a moisturizer to hydrate the skin. Also, you would have to use these products in the morning and in the evening, right before you go to bed.

Now, that all sounds very professional and good and necessary and stuff, but isn't it so that your skin repairs itself overnight? At least, that's what I've been told. I also don't like the feeling of going to bed with a lot of creams on my face. I think it's important to just let your skin breathe a bit during the night, while in the daytime it is already covered in makeup. So as long as you remove the makeup before you go to bed and let nature do it's work overnight, your skin is fine... right?

I seriously don't know. Any help, advice, opinions are very welcome! One thing I know is, if I was to buy skincare products, I would make sure they're all natural and have no chemicals in them whatsoever. I already found a brand called Simple that says to be 'all natural skincare' and that got a lot of good reviews, so I might give that a try. I know that Lush also has a few skincare products so maybe I'll go check that out too!


Anyways, all of your opinions and advice are well needed here. Let's talk skincare shall we!

Lots of love,
LFR

2 opmerkingen:

  1. My beauty routine is to cleanse my face with a foaming cream, then I apply a toner ( to restore your ph balance of the skin) and at last I apply some moisturiser. I don't think you need to exfoliate your skin everyday. Maybe a scrub once a week is fine to remove the dead skincells.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen